Sunday, July 13, 2008

An Answered Prayer

I don't have much time to write now, but I wanted to share with you all how God has been working in my life over the past few days. I spent this past weekend traveling to West Virginia with my family to visit my grandfather. There, I was blessed with the chance to reminisce "the good old days" of my childhood and share fond memories with familiar old friends. I was also fortunate to hear an excellent message about how Christ calls us not only to lift up our prayers to Him in times of worry, but also to abandon those worries and fears. It appears that it is necessary to perform both acts in order to be fully blessed by the peace of Christ. If we are still clinging to the worrisome things of this earth, then there will always be a wall built up between ourselves and Christ. It follows then that, if we are separated from Christ, we are choosing not to accept that which he freely gave to us when he conquered evil and the grave. However, if we truly believe in the sacrifice Christ made and allow Him to lead us in both the good and bad times, we shouldn't be able to help not worrying! "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe." So when we put our trust in Christ, we abandon everything else that can keep us from him.

Today I returned from West Virginia with this message fresh in my mind and met a stack of mail addressed from the Wake Forest Office of Financial Aid. To my surprise, I opened the letter and found that there had been an error in the last offer that had been sent to my home. If you keep up with my blog, you will have read in the past that I asked for prayers regarding financial aid. MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!! I received a considerable increase in aid and a decrease in loans which will save me from being horribly in debt later. I count this as proof that when we turn our worries over to God, as I did after writing my last post, that He will supply! Thanks to everyone for your prayers and words of support. They are greatly appreciated. And also please continue to offer up prayers for my grandfather. If anyone else needs any prayers, never hesitate to ask, for the power of God is tremendous when His people trust in Him.

Agape,
Joe

No comments: